Friday, June 27, 2014

Vacation Time

Where do people who live on the ocean go for a vacation?  To the mountains, of course.  I'm off for a week or so to the Great Smoky Mountains.  If I don't post while I'm gone, I'll do so when I return...my next post will be something positive.  I'm tired of the negativity from my past.  Sometimes it makes me feel like I'm suffocating if I let myself get too caught up in it.  They say what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger and that's great if it's true but I don't want to have to be on oxygen just to tell some of my stories!  Time for a break!

12 comments:

  1. Awwww . . . enjoy the Smokey Mountains . . .
    I had a great time there with a friend until torrential rains came down, collapsed the tent, we stuffed everything in the car and took off for dry ground . . .
    Enjoy . . . watch out for the bears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think my aunt has any bears living at her house but you never know!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your time in the mountains. Take lots of pictures to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have my camera with me...I see what I can come up with.

      Delete
  3. I look forward to next week and the renewed pleasure of your company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, especially after writing an investigative article about opossum poop (see Trainride Of The Enigmas).

      Delete
  4. Have a heap of rejuvenating fun. You will be missed. And yes, photos please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being missed feels good and I'll try to come up with some post worthy photos.

      Delete
  5. Vacations are good for the heart, soul and mind. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always enjoy seeing my aunt. She's such a joy to be around.

      Delete
  6. "Handprints in the Attic" has been included in our Arlynda Lea's Sites to See #10. We hope this will help call more attention to your efforts.

    http://arlyndalea.blogspot.com/2014/07/arlynda-leas-sites-to-see-10.html

    ReplyDelete